Octopus À Lagareiro With Potatoes And Garlic
- We boil the octopus with the onion in a large pan of water. We cook with the lid off until the onion softens. We drain and cook the octopus on a barbecue grill (if you don’t have one, you can grill it in the oven until slightly browned).
- We wash the potatoes, pierce them with a fork and sprinkle with salt. We boil them for a short while in the salted water – until the water starts simmering. We drain well and finish by baking them in the oven at 220 °C.
- Once tender, we hit the potatoes with our fist closed – place a kitchen towel between your hand and the potato to avoid burning. This style of cooking is known as “batatas a murro” or “smashed potatoes”.
- While cooking the potatoes and the octopus, we finely chop the garlic cloves. We heat the olive oil in a pan, toss in the garlic and cook until soft. Finally, we put the octopus and the potatoes on a serving tray, we pour the olive oil and garlic all over and sprinkle with the coriander.
- 1 pack of octopus tentacle Pescanova
- 1 onion
- 500g baby potatoes
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- olive oil
- fresh coriander, finely chopped