Octopus Salad With Celery And Carrots
- We bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the salt and octopus; we cook it for about 30 minutes. We pierce the octopus every now and then with a fork until tender.
- In the meanwhile, we prepare the veggie salad: we peel the carrots and slice them into strips; we clean, wash and cut the celery into small pieces. We mix it all in a salad bowl, add the salt, olive oil and pepper and let the ingredients rest.
- Once the octopus is ready, we drain and rinse it under cold running water using a long fork to get a good grip or alternatively we dip it into a bowl filled with cold water so that the tentacles stay straight.
- We cut the octopus in slices and toss it in the salad bowl with the rest of the ingredients. We add the lemon juice and a bit of olive oil and we sprinkle with pepper and the coarsely chopped parsley. We mix all the ingredients together.
- 1 package of whole Pescanova octopus
- 2 celery stalks
- 3 carrots
- juice of 1 lemon