Feel the freshness of the sea in your mouth! Lent with Pescanova!
For shrimp spaghetti:
- Remove the shell and the intestines from the shrimp. Leave aside some of the shrimp – heads.
- With these heads and sells, we make a broth with vegetables to boost the shrimp taste in our spaghetti.
- Heat olive oil in a deep pan.
- Saute shrimps for 1 – 1/2′ until they are blushed.
- Remove shrimps and cover them in another plate, to keep them warm.
- In the same olive oil, sauté add onion and chopped fennel.
- Keep sautéing your ingredients, but do not let onion change color.
- Add chopped garlic, and cherry tomatoes, cut in half.
- Sauté and mix for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add ouzo and keep mixing, until shrimp sauce is glazed.
- Add grated tomatoes for and shrimp broth.
- Boil this sauce for 10 minutes, on hot fire until this mix is sweet and soft.
- Add salt and pepper.
- At the same time, boil your spaghetti for 2 minutes less than the time that it is on its packaging.
- While spaghetti is still hot, put them into the tomato sauce and boil it there for 1-2 minutes more.
- Finally, add your marinated shrimps into the spaghetti.
- Keep boiling for 1 -2 minutes. If needed, add 2 – 3 spoons of broth.
- Pour olive oil on top and withdraw from the heat.
- For your serving, sprinkle chopped parsley on top.
For shrimp broth:
- Use shells and heads from shrimps to cook an amazing broth.
- In a small pan, add olive oil and sauté shrimp heads for 2′.
- Add: 1/2 onion, 1/2 carrot, 1 garlic clove, 1/2 celery, 1 leek hull, 1 fennel hull, and sauté them all.
- Add: 1/2 tbsp. tomato paste or 2 -3 cherry tomatoes and stir them for 1′.
- Pour with a cognac shot.
- Add 1/2 liter of hot water, some pepper, 1 bay leaf, thyme, and 2 – 3 parsley.
- Boil this broth for 30′.
Ingredients for spaghetti:
1 package of Γάμπαρη Αργεντινής Pescanova
40 ml olive oil
1/2 chopped onion
1/2 chopped fennel
1 chopped garlic clove
10 (300 γρ.) cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
300 γρ. grated tomato
1 tbsp. chopped parsley
50 ml ouzo
300 ml shrimp broth
Ingredients for shrimp broth:
Head and shells of shrimp
20 ml olive oil
1 piece of onion with its hull
1 garlic clove with its hull
1 piece of carrot with its hull
1 /2 celery
1/2 leaf of leek
3 cherry tomatoes
100 ml cognac or brandy
1/2 lt hot water
5-6 pepper grains
1 bay leaf