“The most famous soup with Argentine prawn. A meal that will impress your festive, Christmas dinner.”
- Remove heads and shells from our shrimps. Do not throw them, put them aside.
- In a pot, on medium temperature, and bring it to a boil. Let the shrimps boiled for 3 – 4 minutes. Remove shrimps from the boiling water and keep the water aside.
- Saute for 4 – 5 minutes, while mixing frequently. Put out with wine and cook for 2 – 3 minutes, until alcohol is totally vanished.
- Add tomato juice, Saffron Kozanis, fish broth and the water in which shrimps where boiled before.
- Once it is boiled, low the fire and let it simmer for 40 minutes.
- Remove pot from fire and blend all the ingredients.
- Sift the ingredients through.
- Return the soup into the pot until it is lightly warm.
- Add sour cream and mix them well.
Serve soup, while it is still hot, putting shrimps on top.
500gr. Argentine prawns
3 cups of water
4 tbspn butter
1 onion, chopped
1 chopped celery
1 chopped carrot
2 garlic cloves
2 bay leaves
1/3 cup of white wine
3 cups fish broth or vegetable broth
2 tbspn tomato juice
0,25 gr. saffron Kozani
100 ml sour cream